Jewel Lewis Community Scholarship Information & Application
Chandler Service Club awarded its first academic scholarship in 1958 to a graduating high school senior. In 1971, The Jewel Lewis Community College Scholarship was established and named after member and past president, Jewel Lewis.
Chandler Service Club believes that education is the key to building healthy families. Since 1958, hundreds of Chandler residents have received financial assistance to obtain their college degrees. High school seniors and adults pursuing a college degree, especially those experiencing financial hardship, are given opportunities to pursue their dreams of advanced education through our scholarship program.
Each scholarship is awarded for one academic year and is not automatically renewable, but may be re-applied for provided all requirements are met. The number of scholarships available each year varies depending on available funds.
The Jewel Lewis Scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors who are residents of the city of Chandler or reside within the Chandler Unified School District boundaries. It is awarded to worthy applicants for one academic year.
- Applicant must submit a typed and signed application form.
- Applicant must include an essay of no more than 1000 words describing personal, educational and career goals. Circumstances demonstrating financial need must also be explained in detail.
- Applicant must provide a high school transcript and 2 letters of recommendation from non-relatives. Two must be from a high school teacher, guidance counselor, principal or coach.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2.5 grade point average.
- Applicant must have applied to an accredited public or private community college or university within the state of Arizona as a full time student (minimum or 12 units or credits per semester).
- Proof of enrollment must be shown in order to receive scholarship funds prior to each semester.
- The scholarship is for one academic year and is to be used for tuition, books and other academic related fees.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school prior to each semester.
- A Jewel Lewis Scholarship recipient may apply for a Helen Pernell Scholarship for the second and subsequent academic years of college provided all scholarship requirements have been met.
Documents are accepted online, email and by mail. Please complete, upload and submit all required documents no later than March 15, 2021. Faxed copies will not be accepted. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Scholarship recipients will be notified in April 2021.
Please mail to:
Chandler Service Club Community Scholarships
P.O. Box 1243
Chandler, AZ 85244
Contact: Michelle Wood firstname.lastname@example.org